Simple Recipe for Keto Pancakes along with cooking instructions:
2 large eggs
2 tbsp almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond flour, coconut flour, melted butter or coconut oil, unsweetened almond milk, baking powder, vanilla extract, and salt until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Grease the skillet with a small amount of butter or coconut oil.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the pancake batter onto the skillet for each pancake.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on one side, or until the edges start to dry and the surface is bubbly.
- Flip the pancake with a spatula and cook for another 1-2 minutes on the other side, or until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve the pancakes hot with your favorite keto-friendly toppings, such as sugar-free maple syrup, fresh berries, whipped cream, or melted butter.
Enjoy your delicious and healthy keto pancakes!
Potential benefits of including keto pancakes in a ketogenic diet:
- Low-carb: Since traditional pancakes are typically high in carbohydrates due to their use of wheat flour and sugar, switching to keto pancakes made with almond and coconut flour can significantly reduce the carbohydrate content. This can help maintain ketosis and support weight loss goals.
- High in healthy fats: Keto pancakes often contain ingredients like almond flour and coconut oil, which are sources of healthy fats that can provide sustained energy and help keep you feeling full and satisfied.
- Gluten-free: Many people with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease cannot tolerate traditional wheat-based pancakes. Using gluten-free flours in keto pancakes can provide a safe and delicious alternative.
- Customizable: Keto pancakes can be easily customized with a variety of toppings to suit individual preferences and dietary needs. Toppings such as nuts, berries, and sugar-free syrup can add flavor and nutrition without adding excessive carbohydrates or sugar.
- Nutrient-dense: Depending on the ingredients used, keto pancakes can be a good source of important vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin E from almond flour and fiber from coconut flour.
It’s important to note that the health benefits of keto pancakes depend on the specific ingredients used and the overall dietary context in which they are consumed. As with any dietary changes, it’s important to consult with a healthcare professional before making significant modifications to your diet.