Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs:
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
1 onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before using to prevent them from burning on the grill.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Add the chicken, bell peppers, zucchini, and onion to the bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- Thread the chicken and vegetables onto skewers, alternating between chicken and vegetables.
- Grill the skewers for 8-10 minutes, flipping occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are slightly charred.
- Remove the skewers from the grill and serve immediately.
Enjoy your delicious and healthy Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs!
There are many tasty sides that would go well with Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Kabobs! Here are a few ideas:
- Rice Pilaf: Serve the kabobs over a bed of rice pilaf made with brown rice, chicken broth, and sautéed onions and garlic.
- Greek Salad: A light and refreshing Greek salad made with cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and crumbled feta cheese would complement the kabobs nicely.
- Grilled Corn on the Cob: Brush fresh corn on the cob with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat until tender and slightly charred.
- Grilled Vegetables: Grilled vegetables such as eggplant, zucchini, and squash would be a great addition to the kabobs. Toss them in a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper before grilling.
- Tzatziki Sauce: This creamy and tangy sauce made with Greek yogurt, grated cucumber, garlic, and lemon juice would be the perfect dip for the kabobs.
- Hummus: Serve the kabobs with a side of hummus and some pita bread for dipping.
- Couscous Salad: A flavorful couscous salad made with diced cucumber, tomato, and fresh herbs would make a delicious and healthy side dish.
- Grilled Bread: Grill slices of bread brushed with olive oil and garlic for a simple and tasty side.
Here are some of the benefits:
- High in Protein: Chicken is a good source of protein, which is important for building and repairing tissues, as well as maintaining muscle mass.
- Rich in Vitamins and Minerals: Vegetables like bell peppers and zucchini are packed with vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, and magnesium, which are essential for good health.
- Low in Calories: Grilled chicken and vegetables are low in calories, making them a great option for those looking to maintain or lose weight.
- High in Fiber: Vegetables like onions and peppers are high in fiber, which can help to keep you feeling full and satisfied after your meal.
- Heart-Healthy: Grilled chicken and vegetables are a heart-healthy meal option, as they are low in saturated fat and high in nutrients that can help to lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Versatile: You can easily customize the marinade and vegetables used in the kebabs to suit your tastes, making this a versatile meal option that can be enjoyed year-round.
Overall, Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs are a healthy and tasty way to enjoy a nutritious meal that is low in calories, high in protein and fiber, and packed with vitamins and minerals.